View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 11:58 AM   #12
tbeard1999

Default Re: Examining "Once Per Day" in TFT: Solution or Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kane View Post
And as "no one slept" in your labyrinths, did you equally apply your sleep-deprivation rules to the Monsters, Beasts, and Labyrinth Enemies as well?

JK
Never thought about it. I also didn't account for food supplies, oxygen deprivation, etc. Besides...my monsters probably don't sleep. Or eat (other than adventurers, which explains why they're usually so hangry). :D

I'm not saying that they couldn't sleep in my dungeons. Only that it would have been VERY foolish for them to do so. And they intuited that.

Oh and I forgot that my dungeon doors usually opened OUTWARD into the corridor, which made kicking the door down MUCH harder and and spiking it from the inside impossible. It also made it possible to be "spiked in" from the outside. (This feature was used by players occasionally; an unarmed hobbit once slammed a door into a skeleton. I rewarded such panache by having the skeleton shatter.) EDIT and while players griped about that, they spiked their share of doors shut so the monster couldn’t get out...

Last edited by tbeard1999; 06-13-2018 at 06:44 PM.
tbeard1999 is offline   Reply With Quote