View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 04:39 PM   #13
Plane

Default Re: [Basic] Unkillable and Limited Uses - What happens when Unkillable expires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say, it isn't that bad! View Post
This makes sense to me.

Effectively, having Unkillable 1 means you do not suffer the death effects of having -HP, except the auto-death at -10xHP. You didn't auto-succeed at those death checks, because they don't actually exist.

However, once unkillable wears off, and you are still at -HP, then you start doing death checks.

But you don't need to retro-actively roll the death checks that never existed. ;)

(hopefully that's clear)
Kromm wrote that dropping out of berserker state is enough of a shock to cause one roll if you made 1-4 rolls, I guess the question is whether dropping out of unkillable state is a similar shock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
If you do not have Unkillable, you always die if you reach -5 × HP or worse, there are no exceptions.
B89's Supernatural Durability is one, but I can't think of any others.

SD w/o Unkillable 2 or 3 doesn't cap the damage at -10xHP so it sounds like you could just be reduced millions of points below zero and still exist even if you only had 1 HP... pretty strange.

SD is something that could probably be dissected an split into underlying things, like as a starter take High Pain Threshold out of it and just list it as a prerequisite.

Not sure how we'd do something like "immune to crippling unless HP is negative" but that's what I'd want to carve out next.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote