View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 11:16 AM   #3
Murezor

Default Re: Advice on spy-themed magic setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmetahuman View Post
This thread talks about using RPM with the Threshold system: http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=119276

Christopher Rice goes into it more in Pyramid issue 3/66.
Thanks, Transmetahuman.. I have that issue.

I'm still a little worried about using something path oriented. First off, how do you limit it's flexibility and use on the fly? Perhaps I need a lot of structure around the paths to describe how what they can be used.

Concerning RPM specifically, I've always been confused about something. Take something that requires over 200 energy. Even with a high thaumatology skill, there's going to be LOTS of roles and probably a lot of quirks to add. Is there a simplified table such that it is one role and, based on your results, you it takes X time and inherits Y quirks?

Finally, has anyone done any work with using magic with ballistics? I mentioned earlier that I was inspired by Sanderson's Mistborn series. What if the hero could use magic to perhaps "bend" a bullet's trajectory to shoot around corners. I think stuff like would add a lot flavor.

Last edited by Murezor; 11-30-2020 at 11:26 AM.
Murezor is offline   Reply With Quote