View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 04:18 PM   #3
Rupert

Default Re: Damaging objects and structures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmin Beg View Post
The point where I really got stuck is the rope arrow (Toys and Tech IV). To embed this in a surface, you need to overcome DR and inflict damage. It has an armor divisor of 3 against stone, and you can target chinks for another 2. You use the DR for 2" of materials.

(rephrased as I'm not sure how much quoting is allowed and erring on the side of caution)

From B558, the DR for 2" of stone should be 312. As I understand it, the armor divisors would stack by multiplying to 6. That leaves us needing to deal 53 damage to overcome the stone wall's DR.

A bow deals thrust+2 impaling, so to deal 53 damage it looks like we'd need to be rolling 9d before that was possible. That seems unlikely.
That's the DR for two feet of stone. The DR for a 1-foot stone wall is DR156, and it seem to be linear, so for two inches it would be 156/12 x 2 = DR26. Halve that for chinks for DR13, and with divide by three (rounding down) for the (3) penetration modifier and it gives DR4 vs the arrow, and five or points of damage means you've got your rope arrow stuck into the wall.

"A pessimist is an optimist with a sense of history."
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote