View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 09:59 AM   #7
dwalend

Default Re: Official Rules Update and FAQ (Draft versions 1.01 - June 21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by offsides View Post
I agree with this. INF can dismount at any time (assuming they didn't mount that turn), which should include GEV second movement. Not allowing them to dismount then doesn't make sense for either "real world" or gameplay purposes.
I agree as well. And it matches the current rules. Having the infantry use its movement to get on a vehicle is a solid mechanical solution.

Quote:
INF cannot move before they mount, and must spend their move to do so. Thus, INF should not be allowed to mount GEV-PCs that are "passing through" during the second movement phase, as INF are not permitted to move at that time.
That's an example of why we have a good solution. (Daniel, are you anticipating an INF unit with GEV movement? Maybe say that their jetpacks can prevent them from sitting on vehicles.)

Quote:
Hmm... I just through of this question: Can INF riding GEV-PCs (or SHVYs) reconstitute "on the fly" without doing a dismount/remount? e.g., if I have 2 INF on 1 GEV-PC and 1 INF on another, can they become a 3 INF group on a single GEV-PC without going through a turn on the ground? My gut says yes, but that they should only be able to do that once per turn. Thoughts?
They can become a single defense group, but can't hop from one vehicle onto another. The consequences of hopping from one vehicle to another might be fun to contemplate, but will be unworkable. Your INF mount in your movement phase (5.11.3). You form defense groups in your opponents' fire phase (7.12.1). (And I guess you do it in your own fire phase if you want them to combine fire on an ogre's treads -- usually a mistake.) In my mind the defense grouping is more of an ECM thing, not hiding behind the tallest guy.
dwalend is offline   Reply With Quote