View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 12:27 AM   #57
RedMattis

Default Re: A Yttarrian Campaign I'm Planning. Please Kiibitz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inky View Post
The outcry about turning people into Hawkfolk might be less because that doesn't actually apply to locals, only banestormers. For the same reason, they'd be less likely to find out it was happening, anyway. But it would depend how much people were going to panic!
While some distress would come from "they might brainwash and turn me personally into a feathered demon!" I think the big issue for religious leaders (and rulers) is "they are corrupting turning humans into brain-washed feathered demons!!"

It is basically like if the Borg from Star Trek showed up on a new planet and declared "we're willing to negotiate with you, or we'll take what we need" and at some point people use their special science-wands and discover that the Borg are human offworlders that were mind-wiped and transformed. The human nations would not be chill with them being anywhere on the planet if they are transforming people into more Borg to 'bolster their numbers'.

I doubt the elves would feel very safe around them either, given that the academical procedure might be adaptable for them as well, and given their long life-spans and tendency towards great individual capability, it would be obvious that the Hawkfolk would have great use for some highly-capable Hawkelves.

Last edited by RedMattis; 01-25-2021 at 12:31 AM.
RedMattis is offline   Reply With Quote