View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 06:13 PM   #9
Skarg

Default Re: TFT Demon Summoning Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadekeep View Post
Do you mean something further than ST/DX/IQ stats? Let me know if so! And also if there are other sources you'd like to see incorporated beyond the Solomonic ones, I'm happy to give those a look-in. I did add some original-ish powers to the list, and I think there are a lot more that could be added. I just used the Solomonic ones as a starting point. And, to be honest, because they have lovely old-timey demonological phrasing. ^_^
Both attribute levels and other abilities, hopefully meaningfully representative of the description but still varied per individual.

Different armor, DX penalties, maybe they don't all teleport limitlessly, different attacks/reach/equipment, spell-like abilities, resistances, difficulty of controlling them or compelling wishes from them, peculiar counter size/shapes or facing variations, etc.

On the source, the thing is it's fine if demons are from that religious tradition, but the TFT ones may be called demons but seem to be some sort of magic creature that doesn't actually say it has any connection at all to an Earth religious tradition. Of course, one could decide they are that, or decide that they use forms from the minds/ancestral-memories of the summoners and so end up appearing in Solomonic styles if the summoners' ancestors are from that tradition, and/or maybe they borrow from other Earth demon traditions, or from non-Earth demon traditions (the Mnoren discovered many worlds).
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote