View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 02:20 PM   #6
Magesmiley

Default Re: Unofficial Errata and FAQ List

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinR View Post
Can you clarify this further?

For example, perhaps the intent of these proposed errata is to perfect the in-print Car Wars Classic, to update pre-Classic supplements to work with in-print Classic, to "rewind" the Compendium (and post-Classic supplements) to Classic rules where they overlap, and to perfect the Compendium and post-Classic supplements where they go beyond Classic.
That is actually a pretty good summation, yes.

There are a lot of places where the rules were changed or obsoleted (dead rules). And in some cases there are places in the rules which were inadvertently rendered incorrect by other rule changes. In yet others pieces of rules weren't carried forward which caused an unintended change in meaning if you weren't aware of the earlier use.

All of this can make Car Wars very confusing to a first-time player, and even to long-time players. Hence the notion of trying to pull all of the fixes together into a coherent, consistent whole.

I've got a list of some others beyond my examples, but I wanted to see if there was any interest in collaborating on a project of this scope first.

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Magesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote