View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 10:24 PM   #635
Clipper

Default Re: Member House Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlus View Post
I'm sorry I'm new to forums so I don't know how to quote so I'll just stick with numbering what you said Clipper.
Just hit the quote button at the bottom-right. You'll see the quote tags and can add them to the rest of the post to split parts of it up.

Quote:
1. The rule for most combats is actually to count to 2.6 which although was probably a joke in the rules my group does follow by counting to 2.6 out loud. I was implying that for the winning level someone cannot just count to that and instead must wait until everyone concedes.
Yes, that number is just a joke and is not meant to be taken as the exact amount of time. You'll notice that Munchkin Pathfinder uses 3.75 seconds instead. In any case, the rule part is you provide 'reasonable time' for others to interfere and it's up to your group how you define the term, but whatever you choose, it should be clear that nobody wants to stop you before continuing.

Quote:
5. Actually no, it's similar but not quite the same, I should have elaborated more on it. The normal being if you kick the two doors down, curses hit first no matter what, my house rule makes it so if the monster was kicked first the fight must resolve then the curse takes effect or vice versa if the curse was kicked first then the monster. And the enhancer rule is the same yes, I guess I just rambled on and have been making mistakes all post.
So a Curse drawn second just sits there, and you know what it is and that it will hit you immediately after you kill or Run Away from the monster? And what happens if you die due to the combat? It seems a bit at odds to your other rules, which all up the tension of Epic battles, whereas this one gives the player a break and some extra information they will be able to plan for.

Quote:
Overall thanks for the info, I'm always up for changing my Epic rules or fixing them according the real rulings. It's generally something I've been trying to keep refining over the years.
No problem. I like to help out and noticed those few oddities, so they seemed worth pointing out. Your changes do address the issues you have quite well, without going overboard, so they were an interesting read.