View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 04:18 PM   #631
Clipper

Default Re: Member House Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot View Post
Forgive me if I don't remember the exact terminology from the manual, it can be difficult to find the right mention when you need it. What I mean by power level is combat strength. I was using level to refer to the character or monster level, and power level to refer to combat strength. I'll edit the document with the proper terminology.
I guess you will also need to clarify so as to make sense of the combat strength without One-Shot Items when doing the comparisons to see if you get a level or not. You also need to determine what happens when there are multiple monsters present. Do you sum the Levels of the monsters to determine if you get levels for beating them or not?

I also think denying levels becomes rather unfair to the player. You can't change which Items are equipped during battle, so if you go into battle with a combat strength of 20 and you face any monster below Level 15, then you can't get any levels. You have to purposefully unequip stuff before the battle to bring your combat strength low enough to be able to get the main benefit from combats brought around by Kicking Open the Door.

Quote:
Do you mean if you get somebody to help you fight a monster? My thought is that he's just adding is combat strength to yours, and he gets any treasure that you've offered if you win just like in the regular game. As usual the helper doesn't go up a level when you do.
What if the helper is an Elf? How do you determine if he gets his level for helping kill monsters or not? Even if they are not an Elf, if your combined combat strength is more than 5 higher than the Level of the monster, do you get the level/s or do you only look at your own? The same questions exist when Running Away, especially given that you Run Away from each monster separately.