View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 11:22 AM   #5
TheDruidBear

Default Re: Rune Giant (Pathfinder)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
Andrew said as much. I'm not looking for any particular post right now since I'm heading out the door. For now, take it on my official say-so that Clipper is correct until such time as Andrew weighs in, or Clipper hunts down proof.
While I am not Andrew, I am a MIB and I remember discussions about this very thing. I do not have final word either, that comes from the Czar himself, but from the conversations and what I read in the FAQ, Bonuses (and penalties) DO stack.

This can be found in the FAQ of Munchkin.
Q. Do combat bonuses that monsters receive against Races or Classes stack? For example, if a monster gets +4 against Dwarves and +4 against Elves and I'm a half-Dwarf/half-Elf, does that monster get +8 in combat against me?
A. Unless it says otherwise on the card itself, monster combat bonuses do stack. This means that the above monster would be a +8. (Fair warning: this is a change from previous discussions, but it IS the official ruling henceforth.)
So that being said, it has been used in many of our games to prevent certain helpers from joining in (who wants to get help from a level 9 Elf anyway).

Jim

Last edited by TheDruidBear; 03-12-2014 at 11:36 AM.