View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 01:40 PM   #10
chandley

Default Re: [Vehicles/Mecha] Macross/Space FIghter Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by scc View Post
The Stormhawk is SM+4 in Mecha, so that's how big it is, also note that Mecha works volume, not weight for it's SM's and that the F-14 is just over 20 yards long, which would make it SM+6. And there's a shot that clearly shows a Battlepod being 3 times the height of a Valkyrie, so those are at least one SM bigger, but it depends upon the Zentradi, which if I take a 50 foot figure are SM+5.

The Ariel and Stormhawk builds under Spaceships are both ILLEGAL.

I'm pretty sure that I want to use Mecha/Vehicles because it's more fiddly and produces varied results
Well, 3e Mecha/Vehicles is certainly more flexible, so shouldnt be an issue.

Im not sure what scene you are thinking of for your "3x height" shot. The Battleoid mode Veritechs and the basic Tactical pods are roughly the same height in all the shots I can find right now. Source materials put the Battloid at 40ft, the Tactical Pod at 50ft, and Zentradi themselves between 50ft and 60ft (they are badly scrunched up in the pods). Ill admit the SM+4 I quoted is Spaceships _mass_ based SM, not their linear height. Apologies for that.

All the battloids, pods, and Zentradi are humanoid, so SM is really just their longest dimension. So SM +5 for a Batteloid or Pod is pretty much dead on, while a Zentradi standing up could be SM+6 by height. From a mass based perspective, SM+5 works pretty well for the battloids/pods as well, around 30 tons apiece.

But, that is just what I went with. Dont let it constrain you if you have a different vision.