Thread: Refugees
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 07:35 AM   #7
cephalopagus

Default Re: Refugees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy_B View Post
I've been following the literature on thinking about military applications of AI from various cultural perspectives. Way too soon to draw any conclusions. Also as you say the legal concept of war crimes evolves as well.

As to the scenario itself I like it. For VPs I personally would not deduct from the attacking side if refugees are targeted since speculating on laws of war in Ogre could end up messy. At the most basic the scenario works like a train scenario or any other must complete Mission X scenario and I like those.

For more chaos, add a third player, a faction which wants to kill the refugees but both Combine & Paneuro consider as an enemy. The third faction has soft target goals but will have to fight off both C&P to accomplish them.
WOW holy crap I never thought of terrorist targeting refugees! So it would actually be a fourth faction because I see the refugee team as being played by a third person. I thought it would be too much for one player to defend and run the refugee too. I like the idea of the terrorist attacking refugees and they themselves being attacked my C&P maybe with orders to kill on site. But for now I think just keeping to the refugees and then add that one on after some play time to work out any bugs. Then again maybe we can throw in ARF to protect the refugees as a fifth faction but I think there wouldn't be enough room on the map for all of that, thank God. Thanks again for your help and patience.
cephalopagus is offline   Reply With Quote