Thread: Refugees
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 06:22 AM   #5
cephalopagus

Default Re: Refugees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy_B View Post
Interesting idea.

We've been happily playing with combat in town/city hexes without thinking about the in game effect on the local population. Gotta figure that fights involving tac-nukes are gonna affect them.

Speaking of war crimes, how many of us have ever placed a howitzer or an armor unit deliberately in a town/city hex for the defensive value? While we're on the subject, can a cyber tank be held accountable for attacks on local population centers?
Thanks for the reply and yes I've put things in town hexes. As far as cyber tanks accountability...command and control theory states that the commander is ultimately responsible. So whoever sent that tank into action would hold responsibility.

As far as the moral or legal use of AI in war there are way too many articles, books and interviews to go into any detail here. If your interested I' d start with The U.S. Army War College Quarterly. There were many articles addressing this issue.

However, even after reading everything you want you can still draw your own conclusions. Just because the experts come to a conclusion doesn't mean a bunch of sci-fi tank nerds couldn't come up with something better. Remember chemical weapons were permissible in WWI but today that would be a war crime. Using cluster bombs were fine in WWII and today they are banned.

But my question is what did you think of the scenario? Any suggestions for improvement did I miss anything? Maybe deductions for war crimes on the VP?

Thanks

Paul
cephalopagus is offline   Reply With Quote