Thread: Refugees
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 08:14 AM   #1
cephalopagus

Default Refugees

I'd love to hear some feedback on this scenario

Refugees

When looking at the Nightfall counter sheet I saw a counter with a picture of a truck on it labeled “Refugees” and starting thinking how can I use that in a game. The following is what I came up with, full disclosure I have yet to actually play this scenario. I thought that this scenario could be overlaid on any other scenario that uses a map with town hexes. I was also thinking that this should be played by a third person.

The goal is to get as many refugees out of the conflict zone using three 5-ton tucks and into the refugee camp.

Counters:
1 refugee camp marker (I printed out a caduceus as a marker)
3 truck counters
1 note pad to track refugees and evacuated town hexes
Many radiation markers (bingo chips should work well)

Rules:
Refugee camp cannot be place on or near any CP hex or any other military target. Should be placed on edge of map farthest from the conflict zone. Near or on a road would work best. Truck have a four-person civilian team 1 driver 1 navigator 2 EMTs, each truck can hold twenty refugees total of 24 souls. Trucks start out at the camp with only the crewmembers on board. It will take one turn to load refugees onto a truck and one turn to unload. Trucks cannot drive in wooded, swamp or rubble.

If a truck is on a hex that is attacked automatic loss of all life (except AP weapons). If in a hex adjacent to an attack a roll 1,2 or 3 results in damage 4 or higher no damage. If damaged another roll to determine extent: 1= 4 lives lost, 2=8 lives lost, 3=12 lives lost up to a roll of a 6 all 24 lives lost. If cruse missile is used loss of life on attacked hex and any adjacent hex if two hexes away follow damage rules above.

Once a hex is attacked (other than with antipersonnel weapons) a truck can no longer drive through that hex too much radiation for an unshielded vehicle (for cruse missile attack that hex and all adjacent hexes).

Once a town hex is evacuated no more refugees are present in that hex.

Trucks can drive through “friendly” hexes with a cost of one hex movement. Ogres cannot fire upon trucks. Trucks can be detained or commandeered by either belligerent. Intentionally firing upon a truck is a war crime.

Movement:
Trucks coming out of camp (no refugees) can move 4 hexes on road, 3 hexes in towns and 2 hexes off road. With refuges on board 3 hexes on road, 2 hexes in towns and 1 hex off road. (so empty 4 3 2 full 3 2 1) Truck transitioning on to or off of a road all movement stops.

Turn sequence:
Offence, Defense, Refugees trucks.
cephalopagus is offline   Reply With Quote