View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 09:40 AM   #7
Refplace

Default Re: [RPM] Thresholds and Wards (Safe as Houses, Pyramid 3-58)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
I suppose I could, but I want thresholds to be powerful enough to make any being capable of violating one to harm a mortal with supernatural means stand out as clearly of demigod status.

Bestow a Penalty could be used for actual wards made by powerful practisioners, to increase the penalty even further. But anyone with a basic understanding of
Well if you want Thresholds to be tougher just do as you suggested above and change the ratings around. Also add features to suit such as the penalty for casting magic even if inside.

The Bestows a Penalty was specifically a way to make a similar thing using RPM. Another thing though is you could use RPM to strengthen existing Thresholds. Should have thought of that the first time I replied.
Lesser Strengthen magic can double a Threshold rating and Greater Strengthen magic can do more, maybe maximize it.
Or use Bestows a Bonus and Lesser Strengthen Magic to increase the rating with more granularity.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote