View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 10:41 AM   #19
Cat

Default Re: My Painted Ogres

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoat View Post
I don't know what the clinical name for fear of a dye suspended in medium would be, but I bet it can be induced by trying to paint German lozenge camo.

lozengeophopia?

....I think at 6mm scale the shape of the color blobs isn't that important unless you really get up close.
I have painted lots of lozenge camo on 1/285 WWI aircraft (and some of my X-Wing fighters). You are correct, shape of the colours does not matter, even looking at them close up.

Spray paint a base coat of the lightest colour in the pattern. Then it's a simple matter of using a fine brush and start adding dots! I do one colour at a time. I bring up an image of the pattern fabric pattern on my laptop for reference, and just go down each row adding a dot at the approximate spacing. Then on to the next colour. Once the dots are on by doing the rows of dots (and leaving blank spots for the base colour dots), then I go back and add dots of whatever colour works best to fill in areas that need a little touch up for balance. Touch-up dots are not in pattern, they are just whatever colour isn't adjacent to other dots in that spot.

But the proper WW1 camo for an Ogre would be battleship dazzle!

And 'pastiliphobia' is the word you're looking for. ^,^

Last edited by Cat; 06-29-2018 at 10:52 AM.
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote