View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 05:33 PM   #21
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Default Re: Developing Ogre as a miniatures game

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
* More online how-to-play videos and video play sessions posted to YouTube, Facebook, BGG, and other sites. If someone plays Ogre on Twitch, also share that.
I've done some of this with my terrain tutorials for the Steam version already, which obviously applies to the physical game, too. I'm working on more play-throughs of the Nightfall campaign. This is more complicated if trying to film physical content; recording the computer game is "easy" in comparison. At least there's some version of it to see.

Related to this, there's no current Ogre "thing" available in the Youtube gaming to select. If you look at my playlist, you'll notice it's using the 1986 version of the game because that's the closest thing I could find. We need a refresh of link material so the current stuff is referenced.

Quote:
* Convention games, with Ogre players going to their local cons and teaching the game to others.

* Players in a region talk to the local stores and figure out which one would be willing to host a monthly Ogre meet-up at the store. Play Ogre once a month at a local store on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon where others can see the game in action.
I'm doing this with my local FLGS (they have a weekly tabletop evening on Tuesdays and Ogre shows up a lot; two weeks ago was Ogre 6e using Minis set 1, and I plan to go again this Tuesday), but one of the things currently lacking is Ogre-themed prize support. I've got a bucket of Munchkin stuff I can hand out (bookmarks, et al), but there's no Ogre equivalent to give people a lasting impression. I've spent my own money on Pocket Ed and dice to give away over the years, but that's not sustainable.

Another aspect of this that's a bit crippling is the fact only the basic Ogre game is currently in production. It's tough showing people things like ODE when you know they can't easily buy it, especially from a store.