View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 11:15 AM   #9
Jefepato

Default Re: Summoning allies with Ritual Path Magic

Anyway, I guess that gives us (this assumes the spell is being cast as a charm):

Summon Earth Elemental
Spell Effects: Greater Control Spirit + Greater Create Spirit
Inherent Modifiers: None
Greater Effects: 2 (x5)

Typical Casting: Greater Control Spirit (5) + Greater Create Spirit (6) + Summoned, 50% of total (8) + Lesser Control Magic (5) + Duration, 1 hour (+3), 135 energy (27x5)
(I messed up the math in my original write-up but this should be right)

Personally I wouldn't go to the effort of setting up a spell like this and then leave things up to a reaction roll, but that's just me. It'd be a disaster if you conjured up a powerful creature and it, for some reason, didn't want to serve as your meatshield (dirtshield, whatever).

Anyway, if I'm reading the Defining Rituals sidebar (MH1 page 39) correctly, a Summon Elemental spell should count as the same ritual (for purposes of a grimoire and/or Ritual Mastery) even if the percentage-strength of the elemental summoned (i.e. the level of the Ally or Summoned trait) varies between castings, right?

Also, for those with relevant GMing experience -- as I understand it, normally an Ally's character sheet is generated by the GM. How much input would you generally allow a player to have on the stats of a temporary minion summoned via this kind of spell?
Jefepato is offline   Reply With Quote