Default Re: Palladium Splicers to Gurps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htoad2020 View Post
Like I said before I need help Converting
Attributes
MDC/SDC
Damage
Dice rolls
First off, don't convert the stats directly. But while I have done Palladium conversions in the past, I don't have this particular book on hand, so more than just "Attributes, MDC/SDC, Damage, Dice rolls" would be appreciated without posting the entire deal (which would ultimately get cut back to this by the mods who are trying not to tick off Siembieda, who is known to have his lawyers issue cease&desist orders to fan sites believing they are infringing on his intellectual property (one reason I don't link my own conversions here).

Now, that said, for the MDC/SDC/HP issue, the best thing to do is to figure out what the standard armaments it's designed to go up against are. If that's laser rifles, be aware that the average damage of a GURPS laser rifle is 6d(2) burn; average damage from that is 21, max 36. DR 42 would be the standard protection (protecting against the average damage roll), and DR 21 + Hardened 1 would also work. My own conversions tend to take the latter Hardened armor approach for MDC armor.

"Ion" weapons in Palladium are screwy, as they may either be toned-down particle beams or guns that shoot raw electricity, ala a lightning bolt spell. This could either be the same level damage with a (3) armor divisor, more damage with no armor divisor, or the same damage with Arcing Surge, which reduces metal armor to DR 1. (However, most MDC armor is not nor counts as metal. Choose wisely to fit the feel you're going for.)

Forget the Palladium mechanics; take the closest GURPS equivalent and run with it. Best advice for any conversion to GURPS from anything I can think of, actually.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote