View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 11:54 PM   #62
Tomsdad

Default Re: Surgery - How does it work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
It's a good deal more complicated than that -....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulzgoroth View Post
We've done this thing before, it is a solved problem.
Yes I know. I was actually posting in this thread with that thread in mind, which I also posted in ;-)

So lets see HT12 (so a high HT stat) and the lowest possible bleed penalty for a vital wound (-4) you are likely to take 27 hp's of bleeding damage. So given you must have taken a minimum 3 point wound initially we're talking 30 points of injury and bleeding from the lightest possible wound here. Which on the average person (ST10) brings them down to -20 and 2x death rolls. (and 1x on anyone stronger).

So that's the best possible starting position and a high HT, yeah I think my point stands really.

But OK lets make it a more likely 3 point damage attack on a nice tough HT12 & ST12 target.

So that's a 9 point injury and bleeding penalty of -5 (just missing out on -6) and on average 42 points bleeding for a total 51. Bringing them down to -39 so that's 3x death rolls*

or how about an initial 4 point attack (if we're defaulting to HT/ST12 for our test subject it's not unreasonable to assume they'll maybe facing threats that can inflict bigger wounds) its a 12 point initial wound and average bleeding of 53 points for a total 65 damage leaving them at -53.

...well you get the idea!

(this is why I introduced a SM+1 threshold of surrounding flesh to get past before hitting vitals in my games, for reasons of realism and the 4cm rule, and the game issues of even 1 point vitals wounds)

*you're really going to want that HT12 for all this, as it's what saves you, I won't even bother to do this for HT10 or even HT11.

Last edited by Tomsdad; 09-07-2017 at 02:33 AM.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote