View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 12:33 AM   #531
Drankin

Default Re: Member House Rules

The last time we played a day or two ago we all flipped over our race and class card before we started. We are kind of loose on it seeing that it does seem to really matter unless that first person needs help right away.
We are also kind of loose on how many cards you can hold in your hand although we don't typically have more than six.
Yesterday when playing I killed off a player pretty early on, "dead" by creature. As a result they discarded their cards we looted their old character and they drew a new character and class plus six new cards (3 treasure / 3 doors) and started from the level they were already at although they were pretty mad as they liked their character and equipment. I had been a dark halving and received a level for aiding a monster in winning.
It's definately a fun way to play...
The only odd cards are the ones that cause you to discard your race or class, but typically we have the player chose a new race and/or class card on their next turn. The reason I bought the Conan set other than matching backs is because they have a large number of humanoid races (which we treat as humans) to offset the elves, dwarves, etc. It's fun if everyone has a race with some bonus.
That is until someone wipes out your character that you started with. :)
Definately easier than the old D&D character creation.
Drankin is offline   Reply With Quote