View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 03:34 PM   #5
hal

Default Re: [DF] The Magical Moneymaking Machine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmdw45
"No tagbacks." You have contacts good enough that you can sell stuff for 100% of list price to *somebody*, but not the same merchant you just bought from. Playing the buy-and-sell game is probably how you got to be Very Wealthy in the first place, but it's not instantaneous. Actually doing the Diablo-style gold run is tedious, and just tell them that it's not any fun to spend three weeks ferrying items between your various contacts to buy low and sell high.

-Max
What, you do Diablo style gold runs? Me? If I want more magic items or copies of any given magic item, I just copy a character and archive it. Then, I take and make a copy of the archived character, share the archived character's treasure with the main character I want to use, and delete the spent copy of the archived character.

Example:

GemMerchant exists in my archive folder, but not the save folder. I make a copy of GemMerchant, and place it in the save folder. I start up Diablo II on both computers and link together. I dump all of the perfect gems in inventory, all the gold in inventory of GemMerchant, plus any magic items, and then have GemMercant leave the game. The primary character, the beneficiary of GemMerchant's generosity, picks up all the gold, takes all the perfect gemstones, and picks up all the magic items, and sells those he wants to sell, keeps what he wants to keep etc.

That is why I've got a decent inventory of those Greenie items or Yellow magic items. I can take any character from any Diablo game from version 1.11 and trade with any other 1.11 version character.

Gold runs? Who does gold runs anymore? ;)

https://www.worldanvil.com/w/scourge-of-shards-schpdx

Go to bottom of page to see lectures 1-11
hal is offline   Reply With Quote