View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 12:19 PM   #564
jason taylor

Default Re: 'Imperial Culture' (non-canonista)

Victors stål Fureteg:

Like as not I have something of the kind elsewhere as I have thought of it a long time ago. But I don't want the boredom of searching, so...

Founded by Njal Bjornson of the planet Tizon Victors stål is known for making quality cutlery. Founded in an acknowledged homage, each product still retains the heraldric Helvetian Cross logo of it's original namesake, modified by a reverse-v shaped background of an intersecting crossbow and halberd. It is like the earlier version most famous for it's multitools but also makes large survival knives and it's own version of the Sword Worlder Seax favored for uses where a machete would be used in the Imperium. Aside from it's knives it produces a large number of other survival equipment as well as ordinary cooking cutlery and indeed any purpose for which one might need a sharp blade. It has a strong reputation outside the Sword Worlds and a long standing contract with Chandlers LIC, but it's products might be found in any outfitting shop.

Njal in his youth spent many years in the Confederation Patrol and learned to appreciate good tools both for shipboard repair, and dirtside bushcraft. On his death he left an endowment to bereaved dependents of patrol personal. Victors stål is of course a popular source of equipment for the Patrol, and many a Patrol spacer keeps one of this company's knifes in his locker.

Last edited by jason taylor; 05-17-2018 at 09:54 PM.
jason taylor is offline   Reply With Quote