View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 01:59 PM   #12
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: [DF] Cleric Spell Lists - Where at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Have you finished this? I'm really curious about the results.
Ugh. Not even close.

There will be X number of Phases:

Phase 1: Compile the list of all lists (and the spells therein).
Phase 1b: Recheck list to ensure lists are accurate.

Phase 2: Raw numbers (how many spells each list has, how many per PI level, how many on average over all the lists, etc).

Phase 3: Lists of what spells have largely ended up where

Phase 4: Decide how to continue forward, IE: Make more Phases.

I'm about half-way through Phase 1b... but as long as 1b checks out, then Phase 2 is done.

As for Phase 3 and 4... I'm not sure if I want to go with a 'weighted' approach; All spells get a number from 2 to -2 to determine how close to "Good" or "Evil" they are and thus where individual lists will fall out therein (frex, is Fire a "Good" list? Or is it "Neutral"? Or is it "Evil"*), or a "feels" like it approach to deciding what lists fits where**. At the moment every Clerical list except Evil, Elder, Chaos, Order, Druid and Far East Druid are labeled as "Good" (with the Clerical list from DF 1 as my Canonical Good).

Evil from DF 3 is my Canonical "Evil". That list has only Evil and Elder on it, so far.

Neutral has Druid, Far East Druid, Chaos, and Order... though I strongly suspect Order would end up as 'Good" if it went with a pure 'weighted' approach (they have a lot of Healing spells) and Chaos remaining as Neutral.

* It has a lot of "attack" type spells (minimum one per level), but also a lot of healing and defense spells. I suspect it would end up in the "Good" list, or at worst just barely nudged into the Neutral lists (but if so, only because of the larger than 'average' number of purely attack spells).

** And therefor what sort of spells should be put where.

Last edited by evileeyore; 08-14-2017 at 02:10 PM.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote