View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
eagle3y3

Default Questions about last game I played?

Hi I'm fairly new to munchkins although I got a couple games under my belt. I have a couple of noob questions that happened to me last game where none of my friends knew the real answer.

Munchkinomicon and Fairy Dust poses a real problem for us. My friends play the strategy of hoarding all cards until someone reaches level 9 and sacrificing levels in order to stock up on spells. Since I'm the only one in the group (our group ranges from 4-6) who doesn't like that strategy I tend to go for the class thief. I was doing fine with plenty of loaded dice and the other dice card (can't remember) at my disposal with lots of gear and doppleganger also a bunch of those mini bonuses. Then on my turn I was level 7 and there was a dragon card( provided 2 levels and 5 treasures). For some odd reason they all decided to gang up on me and threw high level wandering monsters (10,15,16) at me with the addition of monster enhancers. Somehow I end up victorious. I declared I have won, but the guy who introduced us to munchkin says no I did not (he hates losing and has bent the rules sometimes due to our ignorance), I only go up 2 levels and get 7 treasures (from the monster enhancers they added to to the dragon) cause wandering monster only adds to combat. The game was prolonged until I was up to win again. This time my friend plays all the spells he's hoarded up on the table and some fairy dust cards to take away my monster (I forgot what the spell was called) after he and the rest of my group failed to stop me. Someone else shortly wins cause everyone used their cards on me. I would be perfectly fine with the lost if I knew some quick questions.

Are spell cards classified as items? If not, do you have to keep them in your hand? Can thieves steal spells if they are items?

Do you get treasures AND levels for defeating each monster in combat?

There are some items in the conan deck that doesnt have gold value nor doesnt say "No value" (such as a card that makes you escape anything) as a thief can I still steal those items?

These are the expansions we played with:
Munchkins (original)
Conan
Game Changers
eagle3y3 is offline   Reply With Quote