View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 01:33 PM   #6
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Default Re: [MA] Tactical genius Character is penalised because the Player is tactically ignorant

Actually, no.

What it is saying is that the leader must simply explain how the use of tactics is affecting the battle. For instance:

Bob is taking a re-roll on his botched block roll when being attacked.
Bob's leader tells the GM that because Bob is part of the front line of the phalanx, his shield-mate would also be covering him.
Or, Bob is taking a re-roll for his first stab with his spear because he missed. His leader says that since Bob's in the front line of the phalanx, and there's no where for his opponent to go Bob should be much more accurate.

For a tactically dis-inclined player (GummiBear comes to mind), I wouldn't be expecting them to give me a dissertation on how their going to be waiting for specific openings to present themselves. But things like: "Bob is going to be using the big rocks for additional cover" or "Bob's going to be crouching behind some of the trees so they won't see him clearly" or even "With all the confusion some of the enemy troopers get tangled up on the underbrush which gives me a better chance to dodge!"
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote