View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 01:37 AM   #9
Balor Patch

Default Re: A 10-pack of DFRPG questions

10) I'd say a successful Will-5 roll negates the +4 to Disguise or Mimicry.

8) I certainly wouldn't allow the attacker to automatically choose knockback direction. I'd let it fly if a player wanted to take a -4 to hit in order to control the direction, but don't recall a rule on that either.

7) If you have a ready weapon you can parry, if you used Fast-draw then you have a ready weapon, but you can't use a Fast-Draw during an opponent's action without a Wait maneuver. I don't recall if the cascading waits rule made it to DFRPG, or if that would a allow a Fast-Draw without also allowing a pre-emptive attack?

6) It says "knowing it" not "using it". If you have learned the spell then you can treat plants as animals for those specific spells.

5) Yes, the Talents are one group while the item beyond the comma is a different group. SJG is nicely reliable on punctuation.

1) It is a bad deal, but if you've already got Deflect and a yachtload of cash then maybe you don't need to ask the price.

Similarly, going from +4 to +5 Puissance is probably less valuable then from +0 to +1 but fabulously more expensive. The prices could be much more rational if someone got excited about it.
Balor Patch is offline   Reply With Quote