View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 06:41 PM   #11
Þorkell
Icelandic - Approach With Caution

Default Re: International Relations and Implications of US Supersoldier Experiments in 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
In any case, one of the core conceits of classical International Relations as an academic discipline is that countries aren't well-meaning or vindictive. They have interests and they are affected by strategic and economic realities.
"France has no friends, only interests."

Having said that I can see Russia running some risks with espionage. However if we're assuming the same history as in our timeline I have some comments. Currently the GDP of Russia is similar to that of Mexico, Australia, Spain or South Korea. While they aspire to Great Power stature it is hard to see how they could achieve that in the short run. However if we assume that they see a supersoldier program as some sort of prestige item that will make the Americans take note of them and make the Americans have to take Russia into account while taking action I can see the Russians making an effort. Whether that will be through the FSB or some sort of semi-official way is something that you'll have to decide. Now that I think of it, I wonder if they could do it through the Russian Business Network, or something similar to that.

Viking kittens | My photos | More of my photos
Þorkell is offline   Reply With Quote