View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 05:28 PM   #26
Icelander

Default Re: Concealed Carry (CCW), Undercover Holsters, Holdout, IWB and real-world models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
My typical work attire is tucked in lightweight tucked in polo shirt, khakis, and belt and shoes (exactly what sort the shoes are is a mystery).

I am however IRL extremely interested in the notion of heavy comfortable moisture wicking hiking socks! Do these things really exist? If they do exist, do they come in black, and do they come in boot length (or full calf) suitable for wearing with tactical boots?

I used to wear tactical boots for work and was required to wear black socks, and I still wear them for LARP and such
I don't know if all of these work, but hiking socks for warm weather exist.

In the US, I bought a lot of sport socks designed to wick away sweat and just breathe in general, because I am an arctic creature and do not respond well to 100° F heat and massive humidity.

These tended to be very low-cut, all coming just to the ankle, but I was surprised at how thick some of them were. They worked pretty well, I'd say. A lot cooler to wear than normal cotton socks.

Some of mine are black. Some have patterns in them, grey and red, but others are just plain black. None of them are knee-high or even full-calf, though.

Last edited by Icelander; 09-04-2014 at 05:32 PM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote