View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 07:56 PM   #3
Plane

Default Re: Trait modifier - variable effect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_coffin View Post
What's the modifier on a trait that instead of providing a fixed advantage, becomes variable based on a die roll?

For example, let's say I had a Sorcery spell that provided +1d bonus to ST for all purposes. How much would that cost? I know that you can convert each +4 to a die roll into an additional die, so would +1d ST be the same cost as +4 ST (i.e., 40 cp)?
I imagine so, pretty sure I've seen that done a few times, in one direction or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_coffin View Post
Also, what would a variable duration do the cost? Assuming that most Sorcery spells have a duration of 3 minutes, how would a duration of 3d seconds affect the cost of the spell?
There's a +0% "Fixed Duration" modifier in power-ups which changes margin-based into 3...

As for changing fixed into unfixed and using dice instead of a margin, I guess you'd do 2d6 per 7, so if 3 minutes is 180 seconds or roughly 25*7 (165) I guess it'd work out to 50d6 seconds, so reducing that to 3d seconds would be like 1/12 duration, so I guess you would get whatever -% that 1/10 duration is worth as the closest amount.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote