View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 05:45 AM   #4
Icelander

Default Re: Treasure from the Sheikh of the Grinning Skull Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
(lime green text on this yellow background made this one nearly unreadable.)
Yes, but it neatly evokes the unearthly magical glow. :)

Quote:
As many of these terms look like they were taken from Toril/Forgotten Realms, I'll assume you're working in that setting.
I am indeed.

Quote:
For this glow around the lance tip, I'd look into some sort of poison/damage-over-time effect.
That was my first thought, but I'm also looking for clever twists that feel appropriate without being poison.

Quote:
Green Dragonslayer's Lance: This +3 lance (Accuracy +3, Puissance +3) has been enchanted to grant the effects of Might on the wielder, and has the Rotting Death spell with Limit (Dragons) on it. It's powered by a piece of amber with a mosquito embedded in it and enchanted to be a 9-point dedicated powerstone.
Very good!

I want to avoid having the lance be for dragonslaying, though, mostly because so many of the items the PCs have run across have been.* Now, giantslaying, that sounds interesting, especially as there is a kingdom of them fairly close by that could have given rise to the sort of tensions that would lead to the enchantment of a lance like that.

*They've been fighting alternatively alongside and against the Cult of the Dragon, Tiamat-cultists and various factions connected with the Rage of Dragons.