View Single Post
Old 09-30-2022, 08:45 PM   #20
whswhs

Default Re: Tell us how your Campaigns are going, also get and give advice

I'm currently running three campaigns, each meeting once a month.

Fronteira is set in Pavonis Portal, a city I made up for GURPS City Stats, but displaced sideways in time to the future of Shikaku-Mon, one of the timelines in GURPS Alternate Earths. Player characters are members of the Silva family, a wealthy entrepreneurial family specializing in hotels, restaurants, and entertainment. Currently they're trying to get a favorable location in the city's new arm, where they want to build a luxury hotel, the city's first. The latest plot development is that the oldest son of the family, Guilherme, who's in his fifties, has just discovered that one of his mistresses bore him an illegitimate son, who's now come to Pavonis Portal to meet him.

The Gate of Horn is set in the world of dreams, where several people who live in Oakland, California are meeting, and also encountering the dead grandmother of one of them (who lives on in her grandson's dreams) and a tulpa engendered from the mind of a patient of another, in the form of an anthropomorphic jackrabbit. They've managed to incapacitate and imprison the dreamwalker who had taken possession of the patient, and traced her true self to the Children's Fairyland, a theme park in Oakland, where they've fought and defeated a jabberwock and are now trying to save its dream existence.

Satanic Mills is set in Manchester, England in the 1830s, around the time of Victoria's accession. A young woman there who's involved in charity work has become the new Slayer and is dealing with supernatural/extradimensional threats. Currently Manchester is being beset by a lot of vampires, and she's reluctantly taken word to the Watchers' Council and asked them for help, but without revealing that she's the new Slayer.

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
whswhs is online now   Reply With Quote