View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 05:33 PM   #24
Rick_Smith

Default Speed of animals. Most are too slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarg View Post
... If you want to nudge them down a bit, you could adjust/research what the animal speeds really mean a bit, or compare to human MA 12 instead, which gives:

Lion 80kph = 28.89
Wolf 64kph = 23.11
Grizzly 56kph = 20.22
Brown Bear 35kph = 12.64
Tiger 65kph = 23.47

But that doesn't help a whole terrible lot. Still, no one's outrunning anything faster than brown bear.

Seems to me the real issue isn't so much the MA, but the gamable tactics that appear when MA is so high that you can easily move all the way around people's front hexes during movement. That problem is going to exist for high-MA figures (e.g. horses & their riders, fliers, people with Speed Movement, etc) unless/until there's some adjustment to make it less weird, which I expect Steve will need to see playtest evidence of...

(Kind of like someone should probably show him an example of hobgoblins pinning a 7-hex dragon and keeping it from turning around using Engagement.)
Hi Skarg, everyone.
I think that what would be the simplest solution is to bump the faster animal's MA up by 4 or 6 points, so that they can still go into HTH with people with Running or elves with Running talent.

In my campaign, I allow a "last second twist", at the end of movement. People who do this, get a -2 DX for the rest of the turn.

My dragons are not pinned by hobgoblins as much as regular TFT, because the dragon can say, "You don't engage me", and move away from some or all of them during movement. (They get free attacks on the dragon as it leaves, but what is a ST 7 hobgoblin going to do vs. the Dragon's 5 point armor?)

Warm regards, Rick.
Rick_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote