View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 04:07 PM   #7
JCurwen3

Default Re: Building In Nomine Abilities in GURPS 4e

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
I'd define each of the Forces as a Focus for the same Source; so there'd actually be 3 different PMs. This lets you use Power Talents in place of Force levels for Songs and so on.
I came to warm to the Power Investiture model, but that could work too.

In either case, though, I think it makes sense to add to the Power Modifier(s), now that I think about it, that their powers can only be fueled by essence (an ER) for -5%. I never see IN characters getting fatigued using their abilities. They're clearly not spending FP, it's essence.

I'd also propose that whatever is used as the model for doing Forces (Power Investiture levels, or levels of Power Talent) gets bundled within its price a point of essence (Slow Recharge, 1/day, -60%). This keeps them tied together as they are in IN. And Kyriotates would have to buy Forces (however they're built) bundled with levels of Compartmentalized Mind.

EDIT:
One thing to note though - we need to keep in mind that there is such a thing as Word Forces that Word-bound celestials have. Not sure how that fits in with stuff.

Also, can power modifiers be nested? Because we could have a PM for each realm (Cel, Eth, Cor), but it'd be useful, I think, if they all had built into them a super-PM, which I'm going to call Symphonic.

Last edited by JCurwen3; 04-11-2011 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Remembered Word Forces, and also suggested nested PMs.
JCurwen3 is offline   Reply With Quote