View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 04:55 PM   #246
tshiggins

Default Re: [ATE] Farming example

Quote:
Originally Posted by (E) View Post
The farming focused research I've been doing frequently turns up information relating to how food production influences society. Most obvious are the economic effects of how people are allowed to farm and how land use is governed. This is true in lower technology locations where the average farm size relates to the average level of wealth at the bottom rungs of society. It is also obvious in higher technology locations where subsidies create inefficiencies.

The whole subject of how food influences society and vice versa is remarkably interesting, well at least to a deep diving world builder like myself.
Stuff like this is why I find AtE settings so fascinating. I enjoyed Mark Skarr's short campaign, "I Can't Believe It's Not Earthdawn," and I'd like to set one up, someday, myself.

Unfortunately, I fear most players would expect high-octane adventures that draw inspiration from Mad Max, and not so much a "phoenix from the ashes" campaign about the challenges faced during the thoughtful construction of a new society.
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote