View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 03:35 AM   #7
Culture20

Default Re: [Basic] Disadvantage of the week: Amnesia

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloyd View Post
Call the police and get professional medical help. This is actually a bit of a problem with Total Amnesia - characters with it by definition don't remember any reasons why this might not be a good idea, so many of them ought to do something like this. Which isn't going to lead to an *adventure*.
But depending on the character the GM creates, the PC might discover that though they know going to the doctor or police is a smart move, they have a crippling fear of doing so if they try.

I usually only see amnesia (and only partial) in my supers games, where it totally fits genre (how many X-Men don’t remember their pasts?) and players can just have it on a whim for the points. My most recent player told me to mess with him as much as possible, so two of his unknown disads are evil twin (rival) and split personality (limited further by a trigger). Split personality is great for being an “evil GM” to players with amnesia because it’s even more disads available for the amnesiac character, and they don’t know all the personalities so they can’t prepare for them. The best part for this player was twice I had planned to bring his evil twin into play, and the player both times could not attend the sessions. The other players had already discovered the PC had split personalities, so mostly chalked up the evil twin to that.
Culture20 is online now   Reply With Quote