View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 01:30 AM   #6
Miuramir

Default Re: Questions about multiplayer, cons, etc

IIRC, there have been successful convention scenarios with as many as 12 simultaneous players, each with a Mk. V in a last-Ogre-standing deathmatch. The fiction was a virtual "graduation exercise" in factory cyberspace for potential Ogre AI brains; winner gets uploaded into the real world.

Personally, I'd be happy with 4 player hotseat working by Christmas, so I could play with family; a scenario where 4 could cooperate against the AI (so, technically, 5 player, but only needing to handle 4 humans) would be even more awesome. There aren't a lot of choices for hotseat co-op with me, my brother, and 2 nephews; Gauntlet is one of the few that works well, but Ogre has so much potential.

Has anyone tried a variant of Super CP with 4x Mk. III on the attack instead of the two Mk. V, and presumably around 4 more armor on the defense? This seems like it would be a great 4v1(ai) game, and could even be stretched out to an interesting asymmetrical 4v4 (attackers each get a Mk. III; two defenders get a Mk. III, one the armor, and one the infantry; or perhaps half the armor and infantry each).

Last edited by Miuramir; 10-13-2017 at 01:35 AM.
Miuramir is offline   Reply With Quote