View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 12:39 AM   #10
Polydamas

Default Re: Handling Long-Range Musketry

When as a teenager I plugged some of those 19th century musket tests against fixed targets into the GURPS model, I had no problem reproducing them with reasonable skill levels. YMMV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsdad View Post
I also quite liked systems that recognise that different weapons/set ups are best suited for different ranges (i.e not just a bonus to all shots which you apply to all ranges)
I would be surprised if those other systems are any more accurate than GURPS if you look closely at the numbers and compare experimental data. And can you imagine how much work it would be to get performance at different ranges under combat conditions for every weapon in High Tech?

I have never had a game session be less fun because a weapon performed slightly differently than it probably would in the real world, if the real world had magic, demons, and Gunslinger. Sometimes we shrugged and said "that is not not we think it works, but changing the rules would be too much work and might not be any better, so lets do what they say and get on with the adventure."

This forum got less aggravating when I started using the ignore feature

Last edited by Polydamas; 05-11-2016 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Fixed typo
Polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote