View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 10:45 PM   #39
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Default Re: They should really fix that in Cabaret Chicks on Ice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weby View Post
I do not have answers, but I do have some questions/commenst/complaints/flames/lipstick.

Travel rules:
Travel times. The rules in HT are better than the basic set ones, but seem overly harsh.. and further many people playing in low tech world will not have Hight tech. So at minimum have the HT rules there, but better to have full travel rules including using animals.
Oh yes. I'm currently trying to pump some Usenet horse people for knowledge about what horses can do under various circumstances.

Especially, don't just cover the standard assumption, of each player character owning one horse. Also deal with courier horse relays where the rider can change hourse 5 or 10 or 38 times a day, or one rider owning multiple horses which he can alternate between.

If the mounted travel rules takes into account the stats of the mounts (HT, FP, Fit/Unfit or not, Move and Enhanced Move) then it becomes much easier to produce non-GM-dependent answers about how high-quality mounts differ from normal-quality mounts (including attempting to answer how much more a high-quyality mount would cost compared to a normal-quality mount - yes I know the core books answers this, but if Low-Tech changes the mounted travel rules then the cost multiplier for Fine/Very Fine mounts should perhaps also change).

Also makes it a lot easier to provide non-GM-dependent answers to questions about what various spells, powers and permanent magics do to horses.

For instance, it is my understanding that real-world horses cannot have Very Fit; only humans and a very few other mammals (such as canines) can. So what would the consequence be, in terms of travel performance, if a horse is magically granted Very Fit?
Peter Knutsen is offline   Reply With Quote