View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 10:33 PM   #37
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Default Re: They should really fix that in Cabaret Chicks on Ice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
You got anything?
I re-read through a bunch of pages in the old Low-Tech about a week ago, and didn't find any new problems of significance.

There's a sidebar about silk, talking about how much mass and area of silk can be made per year per weaver, but nothing about how many items of clothing that will make (IIRC it was 6.4 lbs of silk per weaver, also stated as an area of cloth). I could try doing a back-of-the-envelope calculation myself, of course, but it's something that should be in the book.

Then there's my old question, about the way in which GURPS fails to simulate the fact that higher TL means you can make better swords. A swordsmith in a TL3 setting, with one level of Advanced TL, Limited to metalworking, doesn't gain any RAW benefits whatsoever. Nor with two levels. That's really the main problem that I see.

Getting some more stuff about agriculture, number of cows per square mile and so forth, would be good, but I already have such figures myself, grabbed from Jeff Wilson's "Fantasy Agriculture" web article and a few others. I was just reminded by it because I've just re-read parts of the "Pagan Shore" supplement for Pendragon, which suggests 20 dairy cows on a 100 acre field, which doesn't sound quite right to me.

edit: Oh, one thing I forgot: Shipbuilding technology. Viking ships were "clinker built" which was supposed to be noticably superior to other TL3 ships, in terms of both sturdiness and performance, but nowhere in GURPS Low-Tech or Vehicles is this reflected.

Also note that I'm not particularly interested in making GURPS a better game. My perspective is that of someone using GURPS supplements as ressources for other RPG systems.

Last edited by Peter Knutsen; 05-22-2009 at 10:36 PM. Reason: adding stuff I forgot to mention.
Peter Knutsen is offline   Reply With Quote