Thread: New Skills
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 07:54 PM   #193
JohnPaulB

Default Re: New Skills

When my friends and I played, sometimes we used to just reference a talent we had and its implication was enough.

Note: the following is very flee flow roleplaying and not tied to I roll, you roll. This free flow would go on until an actual tactical map was needed. Hours could pass in gametime before map commitment was needed.

Example: There is internal bickering going on in the party. Player Joe, whose character is not involved in this squabble, says “Cuthbed is going to use Diplomacy to smooth over the group.” The GM nods. (This is a broader use of Diplomacy than limited to hostile races, but other situations that might accept Diplomacy.) The players think about Cuthbed doing his diplomacy thing and agree that it’s a valid thing and quit bickering.

So for me, sometimes just having a non-fighting talent was enough to influence the game. We didn't have to play it. If a player protested not dice-rolling that particular instance, we would go tactical for a few rounds.

Do you sometimes do these non-tabletop Roleplaying or were your games all on the tabletop?

Fantasy Chess: A chess game with combat.
Don't just take the square, Fight for it!
https://www.shadowhex.com
JohnPaulB is offline   Reply With Quote