View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 07:58 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Can ships in Star Munchkin be swapped out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtrain View Post
Ships are items, that are Big, but do not count against your limit of one Big item. You may only have one in play at a time barring a card ability (Otto or Salvage).

Can I swap out one ship for another and "carry" a ship? Since it is Big but doesn't count toward my limit. Can I switch it out for another and have it in front of me turned sideways?
The rules concerning Ships state that you may have only one in play, so regardless of whether they are Items or that they are Big Items where their Big status doesn't count, you can't just keep extra Ships that you are not using lying around in play. You are also mis-using the term carry. All Items you have in play are carried, whether you are using (i.e., getting a bonus or special abilty from) them or not. The rules do not say that you can use only one ship, they say you can only have, or carry, one.

Quote:
Also can I take away ship enhancers from one ship and play them on another ship?
No. The rules cover this explicitly: "Enhancers cannot be moved between Ships."

Quote:
I had one ship with 3 enhancers on it. I drew another useful ship on my "Loot the room" phase. I then played it out in front of me sideways, sold it with a few other items I was also carrying for a level, and used "Salvage" to take it back put it into play.(Mad Skills) Worried to have such a huge bonus tied to one ship I took the "Improbable infinity Engine" off the un-salvaged ship and played it onto my new ship.

Is that legal?
No. You couldn't play the second Ship the first time, and you couldn't move the Enhancers when you did play it legally (with Salvage). Things to note: You can sell Items from your hand, so you did not have to put the second Ship into play (which was illegal) to sell it.

Quote:
Also can I take off "lasers" from my stacked "laser" and barter with or sell them? Are they permanently attached after being combined?
Though combined to make a single weapon (which has no concise game definition), -asers are still individual Items. This means the entire -aser array can be dismantled to be sold or traded in pieces, and can't be stolen or destroyed by a Trap or Bad Stuff in one piece.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote