View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 11:09 AM   #19
Janos Dracwlya

Location: A Place You Only Dream Of, Where Your Soul Is Always Free
Default Re: The RPG Soundtrack

We used to have several cassette tapes of music, mostly very eclectic pop and rock with appropriate themes, for different kinds of games. I think we had a fantasy-game tape, a science fiction tape and several cyberpunk tapes (lots of Sisters of Mercy, heavy and speed metal, plus some oddball dance music and electronic stuff). My wife put together a CD for a game she's been planning for about five years, but I don't know what sort of thing she went for in the tape.

I haven't run any games since I've gotten a laptop, but whenever I get around to it again, I'll be creating soundtracks for the game. My current game thoughts involve a variant of the Crimson Skies universe, and I've got a lot of modern swing for that - The Squirrel Nut Zippers, Cherry Poppin' Daddies, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, and Royal Crown Revue - plus Synergy's "Metropolitan Suite" (even though that's intended to be for a slightly earlier period), some 20th century orchestral stuff like Howard Hanson's Symphony No. 2, plus Al Stewart's excellent Between The Wars CD. Probably I'll pick up some more period swing when I get ready to run.

"I like to think that you killed a man. It's the romantic in me."

Capt. Louis Renault
Janos Dracwlya is offline   Reply With Quote