View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 11:54 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Munchkin Zombie: One Time Use Cards (in hand only?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensrpgpile View Post
Q1: A [one-shot] item with no designated slot. Example: Wishing Ring. Do I have to keep that in my hand until it comes time to play it or can I just keep it face up out in front of me until I need to play it (for when I get cursed)?
One-shot Items may be played from the hand or placed on the table for later use. (The disadvantages of that being that you lose the element of surprise and that they are vulnerable to far more Curses.) Recall that Items are cards with Gold Piece values (including the phrase "No Value," which is the same as 0 Gold Pieces).

Quote:
Q2: A [one-shot] combat card with no gp value. Example: Roller Skate (used during combat, +3 to either side, use once). Do I have to keep that in my hand until it comes time to play it or can I just keep it face up out in front of me and call out its bonus when I need to play it?
Because it is a one-shot card but not an Item, it may not be played to the table until you are ready to use it.

Quote:
Q3: An item with no slot designation. Example: A Flypaper Necktie +3. I get to keep that out in front of me as a face up item, right?
Yes.

Quote:
Q4: An item that has a gp value and one-time use. Example: Lighter Fluid or Bottle of Acid. Do I have to keep that in my hand until it comes time to play it or can I just keep it face up out in front of me and call out its bonus when I need to play it (and then discarding after that)?
See my answer to Q1; it's the same here.

Quote:
Q5: Something with no gp value or slot. Example: +3 Bonus on Fire. Do I have to keep that in my hand until it comes time to play it or can I just keep it face up out in front of me and call out its bonus when I need to play it?
That is a "special" Treasure. Because it has a persistent bonus, you play it in front of you as though it were an Item, but it's not. Some specials work like On Fire; others (such as Go Up a Level cards) are "fire and forget."

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote