View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 06:53 AM   #5
MunchkinMan

Default Re: help with charity... thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by chang View Post
hi..

so I was playing with some friends yesterday and we run into an argument...
One of them (in a very munchkin way) will only help the other one if it had all the treasure (all 5 of them)
the battle was won and then we noticed that he had 9 cards on his hands. So the argument started. What it is suppose to happen?
a. He plays the treasure to see if he goes down to 5 or if not he does charity and then the game continue?
b. he has to wait for his turn t play this cards and charity is applicable. BUT then he has 9 cards to affect combat...
c. some other option
Let me see if I can make sure this is any clearer than anyone else might have stated: Charity only matters for the player whose turn it is. No other player has to worry about his hand size if it's not his turn.

Quote:
My side of the argument was that he can play the card that he just pick up, but ONLY those cards; he could not play any other cards from his hand in that moment. He helped in combat so the treasure that you pick in combat you can play right away or put in your hand (which for him ment having more than 5 cards) ... But then after he use those cards if he had more than 5 in hands... he does charity?
and then the next person in turn plays? (it happen that the person in turn - left to the person that started the combat - was on his right)
It is true that any Item cards he received from the combat may be played. That's in the rules. However, as I said, charity doesn't come into play because it is not his turn.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote