View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 07:32 AM   #58
ladyarcana55

Default Re: And ye shall know the Truth ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
More seriously, I certainly don't see this as mind-reading. It's the examination of a statement in comparison to the Truth of the Symphony and the person's heart. What I'm not sure about is whether the Seraph can properly resonate -- whether he/she can properly examine the statement -- if he/she doesn't even know what the statement is or whether a meaningful statement has been made.
Sorry all, I'm a little late jumping in on this one, but a thought occurred to me and I thought I would bounce it off everyone and see what you all thought.

Yes, a Seraph's resonance is based on what is said. My question is, does it matter if they understand what was said?

For instance...

Brad says something in French and Susie the Seraph doesn't speak or understand French. Whatever Brad just said, he lied. In my mind it stands to reason that Susie may not understand what he said, but she is getting the same physical and spiritual reactions that tell her he didn't speak the truth.

My contention is that even though Susie doesn't know what Brad said, the Symphony does, and it's the Symphony that conveys to Susie the Truth of his words. If that's the case I don't know that it is a requirement that Susie be fluent in a language to be able to discern the truthfulness of the statement.

But in this case, because Susie isn't fluent in the language that was used, all Susie would be able to know is that Brad lied and whether he intended to lie. She wouldn't be able to say what the full Truth was or the exact reasons he lied. At best she would only be able to get very general answers.

So, on a CD 6 she would know...

Brad purposely lied
He lied because he didn't want to get in trouble
He knows the real truth

For her to get more specific and complete answers she would have to be able to understand his words. At least, that is what I would rule. My concern is that if she can't resonate off him at all, then that's a way to beat their resonance. I don't know if I like the thought of any Choir's resonance being defeated so easily.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote