View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 08:55 AM   #43
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [Game] Work Up a Steampunk Setting

Question 31 NEW
Which nation(s) or group(s) in the Middle East offer the greatest opposition to the stagnant Ottoman Empire, and who are their primary international backers?

Answer 31:

Stagnant? Who said anything about Stagnant? With the troubles in Russia, the Ottomans are on the rise, still holding large sections of the balkans and rapidly industrializing. They look for new territories in the caucuses. They also hold the fertile crescent, but without an oil economy, that's not particularly relevant on the world stage.

The main threat to Turkish power is entente power. They like to fund Balkan nationalist groups, but Brazil and Japan have been propping the Turks up militarily, hoping to keep a foothold in Europe. And they've been sinking their fingering into the Turkish government and economy.

Question 32:

What cultural influences are in Louisiana? I can't figure out if its strongly French or strongly British. What kind of music and food reign king? what ethnic groups are most common?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 11-16-2016 at 08:59 AM.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote