View Single Post
Old 07-07-2022, 11:47 PM   #3
Sam Mitschke
Chief Creative Officer

Default Re: Homebrew Ideas (split from old thread by admin)

Right upfront: I'm not here to tell you NO on anything — play any way that makes you happy! That said, I wanted to point out a couple of potential problems to save you some time and effort playtesting your ideas:

Exploding Cars
This is a very cool idea, but I've tested something very similar, and there are some situations where it can give a player an unfair advantage. For example, if I destroy your car via power plant damage, I'm already benefiting by reducing the number of guns pointed at me, and by getting that much closer to winning. If you then explode as described, that gives me X free additional blast attacks, where X equals the number of nearby opponents...and I didn't have to use additional attack actions. If I have a second shot remaining, the explosion may have given me one or more out of control targets, making my second shot stronger, too.

Improved Fire Extinguisher
This neuters all of your opponents' fire weapons and the fire effect on the damage cards...all for 1BP. It's overpowered, and it breaks one of our internal design rules because it gets notably stronger when there are more players in the game. We made the Automatic Fire Suppressor do something similar, but it eats itself instead of globally weakening fire effects.

Smart Link
This falls into our "never do this" category, as it functionally provides a third attack every round with your largest non-turret weapon. If you equipped this and I didn't, I've lost during the build phase.
Sam Mitschke is offline   Reply With Quote