View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 06:05 AM   #5
MunchkinMan

Default Re: "Help me out Here" + "Pollymorph Potion"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YappyTypeDog View Post
Does 'In Play' include items in a players belt (i.e. any face-up item card in front of them equipped or not)? Also, if it is meant to make the difference between winning or losing, why could you not use it to take a pollymorph or magic lamp to eliminate one monster in a fight with multiple monsters (when eliminating that one makes the difference between winning and losing)?

Also, thanks for the reply.
Allow me to be succinct: "In play" includes all the cards in front of a player that are face-up, excluding persistent curses. This means that ALL the Items one is carrying, not only those one is using, is susceptible to Help Me Out Here.

This game does not have a "belt" or a "pack," so please avoid using those terms if you can.

As for your other question, I'd like to understand Andrew's reasoning: SJ and I have allowed for the use of HMOH to take the Kneepads Of Allure, as long as there's another player in the party who can turn the tide and there isn't already a helper, so I don't understand why one couldn't take a Pollymorph Potion or a Magic Lamp. If we're changing policy, that's fine. . .
MiB #1029